Windows 10 failed to start normally? Have you greeted by a Recovery error message boot configuration data for your pc is missing after upgrade Windows 10 version 1903? This is because the Boot Configuration Data file on your PC is missing or corrupted. And that prevents accessing windows with an error message like
Your PC Needs to be Repaired.
The Boot Configuration Data File is Missing Some Required Information.
Error Code: 0xc0000034
Basically, This error appears when bootloader files are missing or corrupt. There are several things that can corrupt or damage boot loader files, Such as third-party software and viruses malware infection etc. And the good news is you can rebuild the BCD to fix the problem and start windows normally.
What is BCD?
Well before start who don’t know, Boot Configuration Data (BCD) holds important boot-related information including the list of the available operating systems. and was first introduced in Windows Vista OS to replaced the boot.ini file.
Fix boot configuration data missing Windows 10
Here apply solutions below to fix if you are getting boot configuration data missing error 0xc0000034 at startup.
Perform Startup Repair
As due to this error we are unable to access the normal windows screen, We need boot from installation media to perform feature troubleshooting steps.
- Click on Troubleshoot and then select advanced options,
- This will Represent the screen As shown below image.
- Lets first perform Startup Repair And let windows to check and fix startup problems itself.
- When you click on Startup Repair, this will restart windows and start the diagnostic process. Analyze the various settings, configuration options, and system files
- Wait until complete the Startup Repair diagnostic process, After complete that this will Restart and start windows normally.
Rebuild BCD windows 10
As discussed before the main reason behind this Boot Configuration Data File is Missing Error 0xc0000034 is The Boot Configuration Data file is missing or corrupted. Perform Bellow steps to Repair Boot Configuration file manually.
Again access advanced options, Click on command prompt And perform And perform bellow commands one by one.
- Bootrec /fixmbr
- Bootrec /fixboot
- Bootrec /scanos
- Bootrec /rebuildbcd
Now Type command chkdsk /f /r to scan and repair Disk drive Errors. After complete, the process simply Restart windows and check This time windows start normally without any Startup Error like Boot Configuration Data File is Missing Error 0xc0000034 etc.
If above methods failed to fix Boot Configuration Data File is Missing error then Try to reset the Windows. However, As you can’t access windows, you will need to reset windows from bootable media.
- Boot from installation media like before you done.
- Skip the first screen and click on Repair your computer
- Select Troubleshoot and then Reset option.
- Choose the option Keep files option and follow on-screen instructions To reset windows.
Did these solutions help to fix Boot Configuration Data Missing Error 0x000000f on windows 10? Let us know on comments below, Also read: