Getting a bad system configuration error, And due to this blue screen error, Windows 10 won’t boot normally? Windows 10 BSOD BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO mostly occurs because of a problem with the Boot Configuration Data file. Some boot order files or some older files might be conflicting with the newer files that causing windows 10 to crash with a Blue screen of death error. Also some times older incompatible driver conflicts also cause Windows 10 blue screen errors. If you are also struggling with form similar problem, here apply solutions below to fix bad system config info windows 10.
Bad system config info windows 10
First of all, disconnect all external devices and start windows normally. This will start windows normally if a driver conflict causing this BSOD.
Perform startup repair
If due to this blue screen windows 10 frequently restarts or won’t boot normally. That cause performs startup repair that automatically detects and fixes the problems prevent windows to start normally.
- Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
- Skip the first screen and click on Repair your computer option as shown image below.
- Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Advanced Options”.
- Then select “Automatic Repair” from the “Advanced options” window.
- This will automatically detect and fix the problems that prevent windows to start normally.
If the automatic repair doesn’t help to repair the startup files, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advance Options.
- Again access advanced option using windows 10 Installation media,
- This time select command prompt,
- Type these following commands and hit enter after each line of command to fix mbr and rebuild BCD file.
- Bootrec /fixmbr
- Bootrec /fixboot
- Bootrec /scanos
- Bootrec /rebuildbcd
- Close the command prompt and restart windows,
- Check if this time windows start normally.
fix corrupted Windows Registry
As discussed before, the corrupted registry also cause this bad system config info blue screen error. Again access Advanced Options > Command Prompt. Apply the command below one by one.
ren C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SAM SAM.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.old
And after those are done, type in these, one by one, in the given sequence,
copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT C:\Windows\System32\config\
copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM C:\Windows\System32\config\
copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY C:\Windows\System32\config\
copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM C:\Windows\System32\config\
copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE C:\Windows\System32\config\
Reboot windows and check this fix the Windows 10 blue screen error.
Boot into safe mode
If the above solutions didn’t help and still windows 10 restarts frequently, didn’t allow to perform troubleshooting steps. Try to boot into safe mode, which starts windows with minimum system requirements and allows to perform troubleshooting below.
- Again access advanced options,
- click on startup settings, then restart,
- Now press F4 to boot into safe mode
Update device driver
Incompatible or outdated drivers are a source of several issues, include this blue screen error. And update the drivers with the latest version probably help to fix most of the problems include BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on windows 10.
- To update device drivers just go to Device manager.
- You can update all the device drivers from here.
- The easy way to update drivers, you just right-click on the driver you want to update and then click update driver.
This option will update the device driver for you. You can also download the latest drivers from the device manufacturer website and install them on your PC
Check if system memory causing the issue
Newly added RAM can be responsible for this error. You can check it easily by removing it. If you don’t face BSOD errors anymore then this will be the source of your problem. That means, your new memory is either incompatible or bad. So, you should replace it as early as possible.
Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
If you haven’t added any, that means your old RAM is corrupted. You should run a diagnostic test on your computer’s existing memory. This test will find memory failures and intermittent errors, which could be causing BSOD errors. You should use any Memory Diagnostic Tool to run this test.
- Open Start Menu and type “memory diagnostic”.
- Now select Windows Memory Diagnostic app.
- Now click on “Restart now and check for problems (recommended).
- Your PC will be restarted and check for your memory problems.
It may require a few minutes. If it detects any error, You should visit your computer manufacturer’s website to find solutions or contact the support team.
Checking & Repairing Hard Disk Corruption
Damaged or Corrupted hard disk problems may create this BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error. To check damaged hard disc use the chkdsk command.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Now type chkdsk c: /f /r /x and press Enter.
- Press y to schedule to run check disk utility on next restart
- close everything and restart windows,
- Next Time when you Restart the windows it will check and fix problems automatically.
Run System File Checker utility
Again corrupted missing system files also cause startup errors to include bad system config info BSOD on Windows 10. Run DISM restore health command and system file checker utility on administrator command prompt. That probably detects and restore missing system files with the correct one from a compressed folder located %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
Also if the problem started after recent changes such as driver update or new software installation. You can consider performing system restore that revert system setting to a previous working state. That helps to fix and start windows normally.
Did these solutions help to fix bad system config info on windows 10? Let us know on the comments below, also read