Windows 10 Blue Screen error BAD_POOL_HEADER Stop code 0x00000019, indicates the pool header is corrupt. And The main cause of this Bad Pool Header BSOD Error is when a process goes into the memory pool but is not able to come out of it, then this Pool Header gets corrupted. Like other blue screen errors, It can be caused by any hardware or software fault. If you are also struggling with similar problem here apply the solution below to fix Bad Pool Header in Windows 10.
Bad Pool Header Blue screen error
When you encounter this error, You should remember what was the last thing you did before encountering bad pool header. It may be a windows update or a driver update, maybe a hardware replacement etc. If you can find out the possible reason behind this problem, It will be easier to fix it.
Start with Basic Troubleshooting First check With disconnect all External Devices. May The error can be caused by a piece of external hardware.
Boot into Safe mode
If windows frequently restart with blue screen and you are unable to access to perform troubleshooting steps then you need to boot Windows into safe mode.
Safe mode is a diagnostic mode of a computer that enables users of Windows 10 to enter an altered version of windows and correct any problems that may be preventing them from entering booting up normally. safe mode different from the normal operating mode in that it uses default drivers and setting upon startup and only system required software programs are loaded upon startup.
Disable Fast Startup
- Fast Startup is enabled by default in Windows. Follow these steps to disable it.
- Press Win+X at the same time. And select Power Options on the pop-up menu.
- Select Choose what the power button does in the left panel
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended) and click on Save changes button.
Update Drivers and Windows
As we discuss before corrupted outdated device drivers cause different windows errors and BSOD Error is the must one. We recommend to update your drivers to the latest version and also make sure your windows have installed the latest updates too.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok
- This will open the device manager and display all installed driver list,
- Right-click on anyone that you want to update.
- Then select Update driver software… ( mostly look for display driver, LAN Driver, Audio Driver These three drivers mostly cause different problems ) And fallow on-screen instruction to complete the update process.
- Otherwise, uninstall the currently installed driver download the latest updated driver from the device manufacturer and install on your computer.
You can disable or uninstall drivers from the device manager.
Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
The error would also occur due to faulty RAM. The RAM may be stuck with dust. Take it out and do some cleaning. If the error still can’t be resolved, you might need to replace it with a new one. Take your PC to the repair store near you if you are not comfortable fixing RAM issue.
Sometimes, This error may be caused by the memory problem. So you should Run In build Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool to find out memory problems to fix bad pool header. To Run Memory Diagnostic Tool Fallow bellow.
- At first click on the start button search and type memory.
- You will see Windows Memory Diagnostic on the start menu search
- Click on it. This will open the memory diagnostic tool here you will see Two options.
- select “Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)“. This will restart windows and check for memory Errors
- Windows will automatically detect any memory related problems.
- Wait until 100% complete the scanning process then after the system will restart automatically Hope this time windows will start normally.
Disable Indexing Service / Windows Search
Also Disable the Indexing Service, (if running) can fix bad pol header BSOD Error. This will Fix Issue between drivers/software and Microsoft’s Indexing Service.
- First press Windows + R type services.msc and press enter.
- Once in the Services window opens, scroll down look for Indexing Service
- Right-click on indexing service select properties,
- In the Windows search Properties window, change the startup type to either Disabled or Manual.
Now stop the service if it’s running from service status click apply and ok to make save changes and follow below step.
Check disk Errors using CHKDSK
Also Damaged or Corrupted hard disk problem may create this BAD_POOL_HEADER Error. Running chkdsk utility help detect and fix any hard disk related problems automatically. .
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Now, Type command chkdsk c: /f /r /x and press Enter.
command explained: Here command CHKDSK for check hard disk, C: is your system installed drive letter. /F for force /R for Repair and /x for forcefully dismount the drive.
- Then type Y and press Enter.
- Now, Your PC will restart. Windows will find and fix any hard disk-related problems automatically. Wait until the scanning and repair process complete 100%. Then after the system will restart and windows start normally if hard disk error cause this BAD POOL HEADER you no more face the blue screen error after run chkdsk.
System Restore on Advance options
The above solutions are the most working solutions to fix any windows BSOD error include Bad Pool Header blue screen error. If after performing all above still getting same blue Screen error then its time now to utilize the system restore feature. And Just restore your PC to the earlier restore point, When it was running without any issues.
Get help from the Microsoft forum by sharing Small Memory Dump File:
From My Experience, sometimes while troubleshooting BSOD error for client users when all above methods fail to fix the BSOD Error that time i use this option to get help from Microsoft help forum where the representative person from Microsoft check and give the eject solution. for this you need to create a small memory dump file which contains the BSOD error details Which help to find out the solution.
First, create a small memory dump file. you can do this from press win + R Type sysdm.cpl and press Enter. It will open system properties. click on Advanced tab. Here Find the Startup and Recovery section. Click on Settings from there. Now, You will see a new window. From there, Select Small Memory Dump (256 KB)under Write debugging information.
Note: Make sure, Your small dump directory is set to %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
From now, If your windows crash or show you any error, It will create a minidump file containing the basic information. That can be helpful to find the reasons behind that error. And You will find the dump file here: C:\Windows\Minidump. You can upload it to OneDrive, Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link in Microsoft Answer Forum Any representative person form Microsoft will reply you and give you better instructions on how to fix this BAD POOL HEADER BSOD problem.
These are the most working solutions to fix bad pool header Blue Screen Error permanently. I hope after performing these steps your problem will get solved. Still have query suggestion feel free to comment below. Also Here i have shared some suggestions to avoid Blue Screen Error on your windows computer.
Tips To avoid Bad Pool Header Error
- Avoid Using Cracked/Nulled Softwares
- Keep Your Computer’s Registry Clean and organized with.
- Avoid More than one Anti-virus/Anti-Malware programs if not needed.
- Always Keep your Device Drivers Up to Date with.
- Create Restore Points when your PC is in top form.
- How To fix Memory Management Error 0x0000001A on Windows 10
- How to Fix ntoskrnl.exe High Memory Usage In Windows 10
- Windows 10 Laptop Running slow and unresponsive after update? Let’s Make It Faster
- 5 solutions to fix windows 10 black screen with cursor after login
- How to fix Audio sound problems in Windows 10 laptop