Windows 10 blue screen error bad pool header stop code 0x00000019 indicates A thread in your processor has made a bad pool request. This means that it’s asking to use resources that are unavailable, nonexistent, or in use by another thread. It could also mean that the pool header is corrupted regardless of the particular error. Like Other Blue Screen Errors, bad pool header on Windows 10 Also causes due to faulty Hardware or corrupted outdated Drivers. Again corrupted System files, problem with physical memory, disk Drive Errors also cause this BSOD error.
If you are also struggling from similar Windows 10 BSOD error, here we have different solutions apply to get rid of this.
Post Contents :-
- 1 bad pool header blue screen error
- 1.1 Perform startup repair
- 1.2 Boot into Safe Mode
- 1.3 Disable Fast Startup
- 1.4 Undo Recent Changes
- 1.5 Make sure your system has latest updates
- 1.6 Install the latest Device drivers
- 1.7 Disable Microsoft’s Indexing Service
- 1.8 Check for corrupted System files
- 1.9 Check HDD and Memory Errors
- 1.10 Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
- 1.11 Perform System Restore
bad pool header blue screen error
Note: Bellow solutions Are Also applicable on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
First of all remove all external devices connected to your PC, and Restart windows. This will fix if any new device driver conflict causing this BSOD error.
Perform startup repair
If due to this blue screen error windows frequently restart at startup. We need to access the advaned option and perform startup repair. This will detect problems prevent windows start normally and try to fix them itself.
- Boot windows from installation media,
- Skip the first screen, and click repair your PC link
- click troubleshoot then advanced options.
- And here on advaned options screen click startup repair to allow windows to fix the problem itself.
Boot into Safe Mode
If Startup repair fails to detect and fix the problem, And still Windows 10 frequently restart with bad pool header error. That cause Safe mode is a good option that starts windows with minimum system requirements and allows to perform troubleshooting steps.
Boot into Safe mode
- To Boot into safe mode on Windows 10, Again access advanced options
- Click Startup Settings, then restart,
- Now press F4 to boot into safe mode.
When windows start on safe mode apply solution below to fix bad pool header blue screen error.
Disable Fast Startup
With Windows 10 Microsoft Add Fast Startup (hybrid Shutdown shutdown) Feature to Reduce the startup time and make windows start faster. But a number of users report by disabling Fast startup feature they fix most blue screen / Startup errors.
- To Disable Fast Startup Feature on Windows 10:
- Open windows power option, From Control Panel
- Search for and select Power option.
- Now on left side Click on “Choose what the power buttons do
- Then Click on “Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable” f
- Now Scroll down and Uncheck Turn on Fast Startup Under Shutdown Settings.
Undo Recent Changes
As Mentioned Above you can get Bad_Pool_Header Error screen because of recent Changes on your PC. Uninstall any Recently Installed Software that you installed before you got this error. Most users report after installing a new game, pirated applications like cracks, Activators they face different blue screen Error.
We recommend To uninstall them
- Open Control panel
- programs and features
- Then Select a recently installed application and uninstall them.
- Now restart windows and check BSOD Error gone.
Make sure your system has latest updates
Make sure your Windows system is packed with the latest service packs and other updates. Necessary patches and service packs are regularly released by Microsoft for their operating systems to fix bug and other types of issue. These updates and patches are also useful to solve the BSOD issue.
Windows 10 is set to install updates automatically when a machine connected to the Microsoft server. But also you can check the update manually following steps below.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings
- Click on Update & Security Then Windows update
- Now click on Check for updates button,
- Let windows check for and install available updates.
- And Restart Windows to apply the updates, check this helps.
Note: You need to boot into safe mode with networking to access the internet to download update files from the Microsoft server.
Install the latest Device drivers
Also Make sure that drivers of your hardware are updated: Sometime outdated or damaged system driver can generate Blue Screens of Death error. This error is directly related with hardware or driver so updating system drivers could fix the cause of the STOP error.
To check if the error is caused by a faulty drive, run an automatic driver update or manually update the drivers to the latest available versions. Install the latest drivers for any newly installed hardware device. If no new hardware has been installed, make sure you have the latest drivers for the below devices.
- Video card
- Network Adapter
- Any removable or external disk drive
Disable Microsoft’s Indexing Service
Also Some Times Corrupted Indexing Service Cause Huge System Resource usage which Cause Different Blue Screen Errors. We recommend temporally disable Indexing service and check this helps to fix bad pool head BSOD Error.
To Disable Indexing Service,
- Press Win + R Then Type services.msc and hit enter key.
- Here on Windows Services console scroll down and look for indexing service.
- Double click on it, Change the startup type Disable or manual
- And stop the service next to service status.
- click apply to make save changes,
- Close services window and Restart windows now check on Next start blue Screen error gone.
Check for corrupted System files
Run System checker utility that detects and restores the corrupted missing system with the correct one. That probebly helps to fix different Windows 10 blue screen errors.
To run System file checker
- Open command prompt as administrator
- Type command SFC / Scannow, Then hit the enter key to execute the command.
- This Will start scanning windows for corrupted/Missing important system files.
- If found any sfc utility will restore them from a special cache folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- You only have to wait until 100% complete the scanning process then after restart windows.
- Then after check BAD_POOL_HEADER blue Screen error solved.
Check HDD and Memory Errors
It is also possible that the bad pool header error could be related to bad hardware (e.g. bad memory or bad hard drive). Before assuming that either of these are bad, we suggest running a hard drive and RAM diagnostic test to check if either are bad.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Then type chkdsk c: /f /r and press Enter.
Here command chkdsk is for check disk Drive for errors. /F Fixes errors on the disk, And /r Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.
You may be ask for restart your PC. Then press Y and press Enter. when Pc restart this will scan your pc for Hard disk Errors and It will fix problems automatically. Now on Next Start check there is no more Blue Screen Error.
Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
If this problem started after recent memory upgrade we recommend remove the new installed RAM and check. Or If you haven’t added any, that means your old RAM is corrupted. You should run a diagnostic test on your computer’s existing memory. This test will find memory failures and intermittent errors, which could be causing BSOD error.
To Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Press Windows + R, type memory diagnostic and ok to open Windows Memory Diagnostic app.
- Now click on “Restart now and check for problems (recommended).
- Your PC will be restarted and check for your memory problems.
- It may Take some time to complete the scanning process.
- Wait until 100% complete the process Then after windows will restart windows.
- You can check memory Diagnostic tool Test Results from here.
Perform System Restore
If none above soltions work for you, still getting bad pool header error. Then its time to utilize the Windows system restore feature, Which reverts back your system to the previous working state. Check how To perform System Restore on Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7.
These are some best solutions to fix bad pool header Blue Screen error permanently. I hope After Apply These solutions your problem bad pool header BSOD Error will get fixed. Still Have any query, suggestion feel free to comment below. Also Read