Getting APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Bug Check 0x00000001 while installing or upgrade Windows 10 1903? Due to this Blue screen error System frequently restarts or fail to start normally? APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD mostly causes because of incompatible Graphics driver. And update or reinstall display driver probably help to fix this Windows 10 BSOD.
Post Contents :-
First, remove all external Devices and restart windows check start normally. If yes then any external devices cause this issue, attach one by one and check after attach which drive blue screen started.
Also sometimes A simple restart resolves the BSOD error, After that apply bellow solutions to avoid feature APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD error.
If due to this blue Screen Error windows frequently Restarts, won’t start normally that cause boot into safe mode and apply solutions below.
Update Device Driver
As discussed before outdated, corrupted device driver especially the graphics driver probably cause this apc_index_mismatch on windows 10. Lets first update the display driver or any other corrupted drivers.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok
- This will open the device manager, and display all installed device driver list,
- Here check any driver with a yellow triangle with exclamation mark,
- right click on it and select update.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to update the driver.
- Do the same especially for Display graphics driver, Audio sound, and network adapter driver.
Re-Install Driver Software
Also if you notice there is no driver update available then visit device manufacturer website. Download the latest available device driver for you PC. Then follow steps below to reinstall device drivre on your PC.
- Again open Device manager,
- Now expend the problematic driver (For ex: Display driver),
- Right click on it and select option uninstall the driver.
- When asking for confirmation click yes,
- follow the on-screen instruction to remove the driver and Restart windows.
On next Start windows automatically install the driver software which you removed before. If windows didn’t install then you can manually install them. To do this open Device manager click action and select Scan for hardware changes. This will scan and try to install the driver.
Or install the latest driver you have downloaded from the manufactror website, Restart windows and check if there is no more Windows 10 BSOD error.
Disable Fast Startup Feature
This is an interesting tweak, that helps most of the users to get rid of Windows 10 Blue screen error.
- Open Control panel,
- Search for and select Power Options,
- Choose What the power buttons do
- Click on Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable.
- Then under Shutdown Settings Uncheck the option Turn on Fast Startup (Recommended)
- Click Save Changes.
Install latest Windows update
Microsoft Regularly drops Windows Updates with Security improvements and bug fixes. And installing latest windows updates probably help with the bug fixes to resolve the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD error.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Select Update & security than Windows update,
- Now hit the check for updates button
- Let windows update to download and install latest updates if available,
- Restart windows to apply the changes
Run System File Checker
Corrupted system files also cause different problems include APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD at startup. Run the System file checker Utility that helps with restore missing system files with correct ones.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command sfc /scannow and hit the enter key,
- this will detect and restore corrupted, missing system files with correct one from a compressed folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- Wait until 100% complete the process after that Restart windows and check there are no more startup BSOD errors.
Also if SFC utility Results windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, Then run the DISM Tool which Repairs the System image and enable sfc to do its job.
Check for Hard Drive Corruption
Again sometimes Disk Drive Errors, bad Sectors, Faulty HDD cause Different Startup Errors and windows failed to start with different BSOD errors. Run the Disk Check Utility CHKDSK to fix disk errors which may cause this APC_INDEX_MISMATCH blue Screen error.
Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
A Faulty memory module (RAM) cause different Blue Screen errors. If all above methods failed to fix APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD error. Then check your RAM, Simply remove your computer’s RAM clean it and reinsert it perfectly after few second. You have to make sure that unplugged all the power cords. And also have to remove the battery before you attempting to remove the RAM. Restart your PC after doing that Also Run The memory Diagnostic Tool to Check and Fix Memory Related Errors.
Did these solutions help to fix apc_index_mismatch on windows 10? Let us know on comments below, Also read:
- Fix a Boot Configuration Data Missing Error 0xc0000034 on Windows 10
- How to Optimize the Hard Drive on Your Windows 10 PC
- How to stop windows 10 update (Home and Professional editions)
- Create Windows 10 Installation USB media (using Media Creation Tool)
- Fix System Service Exception windows 10 Blue screen Error