Microsoft officially released Windows 10 October 2018 update aka Redstone 5 (Version 1809) Build 17758 for insiders in Fast Ring. As expected, the latest Windows 10 October 2018 Update preview doesn’t bring any new changes as the focus remains on performance improvement and stability. Here are the complete details of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17758.
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 17758
Starting with Windows 10, Storage Sense has embarked on a path to keep your storage optimized. We’re making continuous improvements in every feature update. From Build 17720 and later, we’re adding to new capabilities and making changes to Storage Sense’s behavior. Storage Sense now has the ability to automatically free up disk space by making older, unused, locally available files.
As usual, there are a bunch of fixes, improvements, and a known issue. Here’s what got fixed and improved:
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the back button in Settings and other apps becoming white text on a white background if you hovered over it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not reading selected word choices when typing using an IME (for example, in Japanese).
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing when you tried to save a file from the app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in crashing recently when clicking on the “Import photos and videos” option from an autoplay notification.
- We fixed an issue resulting in nearby sharing not working for local accounts where the account name contained certain Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters.
Here is the known issue:
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
Windows 10 Build 17758 ISO
If your device obtained for Insider preview build update is available immediately through the Fast ring for PCs. This preview build will download and install automatically on your device, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and click the Check for updates button. You can download the ISO images by clicking on the below link.
According to the rumors, Microsoft wants to ship the final build to the Windows Insiders by late September. And The public rollout of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 begins rollout in the first half of October 2018.